Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day/ Nathaniel




I had a great relaxing Mothers Day Weekend. Noah and I started off the weekend surprising my mother-in-law at school on Friday. My sister and I spent a day of massages and shopping on Saturday. I came home to these signs plus more around the house: 


My first reaction was "Will this stuff still get done?!" haha but he was wonderful and stopped me every time I started doing something. So very blessed my a husband who makes days so special. He knows that my favorite things are crafts made for me so this years mothers day craft was a vase with the boys on it. I LOVE IT!! 


I celebrated with my mother on Saturday. We spent Sunday as a family going to Church and relaxing together and celebrating Grandaddys(Addy as Noah calls him) birthday.

Since its mothers day, Its appropriate to talk about our new addition to the family...Nathaniel Shirah. We are not 100% on a middle name yet. His first name was meant to be. A few days before the passing of Annette Shirah, she told Chris she felt his name should be Nathaniel.  Chris neglected to tell me this at the time. So on Friday when we were traveling to our Ski Vacation I asked Chris, "What about Nathaniel?" as I was looking up names. He liked it and we read Nathaniel from the bible. Then he tells me that Annette really wanted him named that. That Friday night, Annette went home to be with the Lord. She was such a godly woman and so intuitive. So we knew this little boys name would be that which I ultimately feel the Lord wanted him named. 
We are so very blessed to have this little boy that we will meet in just 12 short weeks. This pregnancy has been so much different than Noahs. Other than the first trimester sickness it has been smooth sailing. I honestly can't believe we got pregnant the month we did. That month I was studying Hannah. When I wanted Noah so badly I prayed that if the Lord gave me Noah I would raise him in His name and devote him to a life filled with Christ and his teachings. Hannah prayed a similar prayer but completely gave up her son to God. Later she petitioned for another child as a reward. The bible teaches us we pray under God's Will and what aligns with his teachings but it also teaches us to cry out to our Lord and give all over to him. So I prayed a similar prayer that month as Hannah did for her second child and low and behold I got pregnant. Some may say coincidence but I know better than that. After the journey and teachings with Noah I know nothing about the creation of children are coincidences. 
Nathaniel is a HEALTHY baby BOY! NO CLEFT! Everything at this point looks perfect. I want to thank everyone who was and still is praying for us for this little boy. I never told people to pray for me yet I had people letting me know they were praying for our little boy in groups. 
I am so excited to meet this little guy! Or as Noah calls him, "Nate Dog"(thanks to Chris). Due date is Aug.5th 2014. Noah will be 2 years and 2 months old. He will be such a great big brother and I am so excited to see Nate and Noah together! 






No comments:

Post a Comment