Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thank You

I want to say thank you for all of your kind words, for praying for our family and for the personal stories people have sent to me.
I am usually a very private person but I have seen the importance of having a Christ family and what it can do for personal healing and spiritual growth.
It also reminds you that you are never alone.
I have good and bad moments when trying to adjust to the idea of what our baby's needs will be. I will feel extremely sad one moment and extremely joyful the next.
A lot of that joy is in part thanks to Katie and Chris Green's story. Hallie's journey has had such an influence on so many peoples hearts and I know that many were able to have a newfound relationship with Him after witnessing His love. I thank God for creating such an angel, Katie and Chris for bringing her into this world and Hallie for changing my heart.
If you have not had the opportunity to witness Hallie's life, I would urge you to follow her facebook link- hopeforhallie and to watch her memorial- http://vimeo.com/35214011
It has done wonders for my soul to keep going back and watching the video of the family, listen to their words and listen to that wonderful music. It literally turns my sorrow into joy. The song in the middle of the service is Chris and I's theme song and we listen to it ALL the time. I love the words in that song. I think I may include the following in Noah's baby book:
Scars and struggles on the way,
But with joy our hearts can say...
Never once did we ever walk alone,
Never once did you leave us on our own,
You are faithful
God you are faithful.
Carried by your constant grace,
Held within your perfect peace,
Never once..
No, we never walked alone.

Please help in continuing to lift the Green and McIvers up in prayers. Hallie Lynn Green would have been 1 month old this past Thursday.

Noah- your mommy and daddy love you beyond what words can describe! We can't wait until you get here! You crazy mom has even started a sticky note countdown...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Can't begin to explain how encouraging you two have been in my own walk with Christ. Your witness through your pregnancy has been a source of encouragement for me and I'm sure others.

    Emmanuel, "God with us". He's not sitting in the sky...he is walking hand in hand with us, sharing in every moment of suffering and joy. Thanks for sharing. We love you guys and can't wait for little Noah!

    ReplyDelete